> Home >School Profile>History

School History

Started from 1st September 1988, our school was located in Area 7, Shek Wu Hui, the common boundary of Fanling and Sheung Shui, known as Tung Wah Group of Hospitals New Territories No.6 Primary School. On 21st February 1990, the school name was changed to Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Hong Kong & Kowloon Electrical Appliances Merchants Association Limited School.


Approved by the Education Bureau in August 2009, our school became whole-day schooling from half-day schooling and moved to a new campus in Choi Yuen Estate in September 2009. Thanks to the Chairman of TWGHs 2008 Mr. MA Ching Hang, our school received a generous donation of 4.5 million HK dollars from Kam Chan & Company Limited within which 4 million was for interior finish and acquisition of furniture and equipment; five hundred thousand was used to established TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Scholarships. To express our gratitude to the donor, our school was renamed TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Primary School after getting the approval by Education Bureau and Board members of TWGHs.


In March 2013, Tung Wah Group of Hospitals summited an application to the Education Bureau for the acquisition of a new campus for our school. On 15th August 2013, our school successfully got a plot of land in Area 36, Fanling which was allocated by the Education Bureau to develop a new campus. In September 2017, construction work of the new campus has been finished and students started to have classes here. The new capacious campus and advanced facilities create a more spacious and comfortable environment for our students.

Ching Shing (Main Campus)
: 2 Ching Shing Road, Sheung Shui, N.T.
: 2671 1071
:2671 1079
Choi Yuen (Annex)
:Choi Yuen Estate, Sheung Shui, N.T.
: 2606 7891
:2606 7232
Powered by Friendly Portal System v9.76