1. To inculcate interest in studying music among our students so that they can gain happiness, sense of enjoyment and fruitfulness in the learning process;
2. To enhance students’ active listening skills and understanding in music;
3. To help students understand the elements of music including forms, rhythmic patterns and styles;
4. To help students fulfill their musical potential and boost their abilities in communication, appreciation of musical pieces, creativity and imagination;
5. To raise students’ abilities in self-discipline, self-expression, staying focused and coordination;
6. To help students display generic skills exerted by learning music.