TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Primary School
2022/23 Notes to Primary One Wait-listed Places Applicants
Part A. Application Notes
Application fee： Free
Application Period： From 2nd June (Thursday) and 6th June (Monday), 2022
Time： 8:30a.m. to 4:00p.m.
How to apply:
1. Submit in person at the reception of Ching Shing Main Campus
2. By mail: TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Primary School, 2 Ching Shing Road, Sheung Shui, N.T.
Please specify on the envelope: Application for Primary One Wait-listed Places
Please bring the following documents when you submit your application
- Primary One Wait-listed Places Application Form(Downloaded here)
- Photocopies of the application forms for Discretionary Places Admission Stage and Central Allocation Stage. (Please refer to Application Form Part C)
- A student portfolio, which can include parental letters of recommendation, kindergarten transcripts / evaluation reports, learning progress reports, certificates, awards, student works, daily life photos, etc. The total number of pages should not exceed ten pages. In the student portfolio, parents may also submit a student self-introduction video (not more than 2 minutes) if they wish.
Part B. Selection Methods & Criteria
1. All applicants are required to submit a student profile (Portfolio), which can include parental letters of recommendation, kindergarten transcripts/ evaluation reports, learning progress reports, certificates, awards, student works, daily life photos, etc. The total number of pages should not exceed ten pages.
2. The school will form a selection committee to review the student portfolios of each applicant, and select no more than 50 applicants to enter the second round of interviews according to the following criteria:
A. Student Portfolio
B. Order of Preference of Our School & Connection with the School Governing Body (10 points)
- Student Conduct (4 pts)
- Learning Performance (6 pts)
- Performance of Extracurricular Activities (6 pts)
- Parental Cooperation and Support (4pts)
- Choice of school at the Discretionary Places Admission Stage (5 pts)
- Choice of school at the Central Allocation Stage (2 pts)
1st Choice in both Part A and Part B – 2 pts
1st Choice in either Part A or Part B – 1 pt
- Referred by the School Governing Body (3 pts) / Recommended by the Principals of the kindergartens under the Tung Wah Group of Hospitals (2 pts)
The school will conduct the second round of interviews in the form of either an online interview or a face-to-face interview according to the latest development of the pandemic.
The scoring standards are as follows:
A. Student Performance (20 points)
B. Parental Cooperation (10 points)
- Appearance and Courtesy (3 pts)
- Focus and Discipline (3 pts)
- Response and Expression (7 pts)
- Languages and Logical Thinking (7 pts)
a. Knowledge and Understanding of the School
b. Recognition of the School's Philosophy
c. Understanding and Care for the Child
Last revision date: 4th May, 2022