Application for Primary One Discretionary Places
TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Primary School
2019/20 Application Procedures for Primary One Discretionary Places
Our school has now started admitting a cohort of new Primary One students for the academic year 2019/20 and we welcome eligible children to apply for the enrollment.
Applicants (parents or guardians) should obtain the Application Form for Primary One places from children’s kindergarten or kindergarten-cum-child care centre in Hong Kong, District Offices (Public Enquiry Service Centres), the School Places Allocation Section or the Regional Education Offices of the Education Bureau before 2nd October 2018. The completed Application Form should be submitted to our school in person.
Date for submission of Application Form: 24th*, 26th, 27th, 28th September, 2nd October 2018
Office Hour: 9a.m. to 12 noon and 2p.m. to 4p.m.
School Address: No 2, Ching Shing Road, Sheung Shui (neighboring to Cheung Lung Wai Estate) For school map, please click here.
*24th September,2018 The application forms will be collected at Mid-Autumn Festival as usual.
(Please refer to the explanatory notes on how to complete the Application Form for Primary One places at Government or aided schools for Primary One Admission 2019)
- Application Form;
- Student’s Hong Kong Birth Certificate and a photocopy OR Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and a photocopy (If the student is non-holder of Hong Kong Birth Certificate, the parent(s) / guardian(s) should produce the original and a photocopy of the student’s overseas Birth Certificate and proof of HKSAR residence);
- Identity Card of the parent(s) / guardian(s) and a photocopy (If parent(s) / guardian(s) cannot come in person for submission of the Application Form and thus authorizing another party to submit the completed application form, the authorized person should produce the photocopy of the guardian’s / parent’s proof of Identity);
- If it is stated in the application that the student’s sibling(s) is / are student(s) of this school, the parent(s) / guardian(s) should produce the original and photocopies of the relevant documents (such as student handbook and Birth Certificate of the student’s sibling(s));
- If it is stated in the application that the student’s sibling(s) / parent(s) is / are alumni of our school OR Tung Wah Group of Hospitals Hong Kong & Kowloon Electrical Appliances Merchants Association Ltd. School P.M. Session, the parent(s) / guardian(s) should produce the original and a photocopy of the relevant documents (such as Graduation Certificate of the student’s sibling(s) / parent(s) or Hong Kong Birth Certificate of the student’s sibling(s) );
- The original and a photocopy of the documentary proof of residential address should be produced. (e.g. tenancy agreement with stamp duty, rates bill, public housing tenancy card, utility bills - water / electricity / gas / residential telephone etc.). The documentary proof should bear the name of the parent(s) / guardian(s).
- All students applying for discretionary places in Category (A) (student-applicants with sibling(s) studying or parent(s) working in the school) will be admitted while students applying for discretionary places in Category (B) will be selected according to the Points System by the School Places Allocation Section of the Education Bureau.
- We prioritize the admitted students based on the points they are awarded by the Points System and then this pool of students will be further prioritized by the central handling of the Education Bureau to officially decide the order of priority for admission.
2019 - 2020Release of Discretionary Places Admission Results by Schools
Date of Release: 26th November, 2017 (Monday)
Release of Admission List: Come to school in person OR visit our school website from 8:30a.m. onwards
Release of Admission List at school: from 9a.m. onwards
(We can only allow parents to enter our campus after 9a.m. so as to maintain normal order of daily schooling. Parents are encouraged to visit our school website for Admission List. We would like to express our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused. )
Registration procedure for admitted students:
Registration Date: 28th November, 2017 (Wednesday) and 29th November, 2017 (Thursday)
Office Hour: From 9a.m. to 12 noon and from 2p.m. to 4p.m.
Registration Venue: Reception Hall on the Ground floor
- Parent stub (yellow) of the Application Form
- Two passport-size photographs of the student
For enquiries, please feel free to contact Ms. Kwong at 2671 1071.
<If parents cannot register within the designated period, our offer of a discretionary place will be withdrawn.>
Reminder for parents of unsuccessful student-applicants:
If the student has not been offered a discretionary place, the School Places Allocation Section of the Bureau will send letters to the parents concerned inviting them to make their choice of schools at a specified Central Allocation Centre in the school net in which they reside. Education Bureau will make every effort to give each student a primary school place according to parents' choices.
Children who have joined the Primary One Admission (POA) System for 2019 but have not yet secured a discretionary place can choose our school as first choice in the Central Allocation process.