TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Primary School
2021/22 Application for Primary One at the Discretionary Places Admission Stage
We are open for 2021/22 Primary One Discretionary Places Admission Application. Eligible students are welcome to apply.
Parents or guardians may obtain a 3-ply application form from the kindergartens or kindergarten-cum-child care centres the child is attending, District Offices (Home Affairs Enquiry Centres), School Places Allocation Section or EDB's Regional Education Offices. Please return the completed application form to the school in person.
Date：21st – 25th September, 2020
Office Hour：From 9a.m. to 12 noon and from 2p.m. to 4p.m.
School Address：2 Ching Shing Road, Sheung Shui, N.T. Map
Required documents (See POA 2021 Notes on How to Complete the "Application Form for Admission to Primary One")
- Application Form for Admission to Primary One
- Both original copies and photocopies of the child's birth certificate or both original copies and photocopies of a proof of Hong Kong Identity (such as HKSAR Re-entry permit and the Exit-entry Permit for Travelling to and from Hong Kong and Macau)
- Both original copies and photocopies of Identity Card (Proof of Identity) of the Parent(s) or Guardian(s) (Should the parent(s) or guardian(s) be unable to submit the application forms in person, an authorized representative will need to provide photocopies on behalf of the applicant(s) )
- If the brother or sister of the applicant is studying at this school, please bring along the relevant documents (such as a copy of the brother or sister's student handbook or an original copy and a photocopy of the birth certificate).
- If the applicant's brother or sister or parent(s) are graduates from our school or TWGHs HK & KLN EAMA Ltd School (PM), please bring along both the original copies and photocopies of the relevant documents (such as the graduation certificates or birth certificates).
- Proof of residential address (e.g. water bill, electricity bill, etc.)
- The applicant with siblings studying at this school or parent(s) working in this school will be admitted in the first category. In the second category, applicants are offered a place according to the Points System provided by the Education Bureau.
- The points the applicant get are based on the Points System given by the Education Bureau and the order of admission will then be determined.
Special Arrangements for POA 2021
Parents who are unable to apply in person or authorize a representative may arrange to submit the application form with the photocopies of supporting documents by post between 21st and 25th September (the postmark date should not be later than the prescribed deadline) and sign a declaration form (which will be available for download from the EDB homepage) to declare that the supporting documents provided are true copies. They will need to submit the original copies of the supporting documents to the school on or before 2 November 2020 for verification. The school will arrange with parents to submit the original copies of their supporting documents to the school before the deadline.
TWGHs Ma Kam Chan Memorial Primary School
21/22 Release of Discretionary Places Admission Results by Schools
Date of Release﹕ 23rd November, 2020 (Monday)
Release of Admission List: Come to school in person OR visit our school website from 8:30a.m. onwards
Release of Admission List on our school website: from 8:30a.m. onwards
Release of Admission List at school: from 9a.m. onwards
(We can only allow parents to enter our campus after 9a.m. so as to maintain normal order of daily schooling. Parents are encouraged to visit our school website for the Admission List. We would like to express our sincere apology for any inconvenience caused.)
Registration procedure for admitted students:
Registration Date: 25th -26th November, 2020 (Wednesday and Thursday)
Office Hours: From 9a.m. to 12 noon and from 2p.m. to 4p.m.
Registration Venue: Reception Hall on the Ground floor ( Ching Shing main campus )
●Parent stub (yellow) of the Application Form.
● Two Student Photos
For enquiries, please contact Ms. Kwong at 2671 1071.
<If parents cannot register within the designated period, our offer of a discretionary place will be withdrawn.>
Reminder for parents of unsuccessful student-applicants:
If the student has not been offered a discretionary place, the School Places Allocation Section of the Bureau will send letters to the parents concerned in January, 2021 inviting them to make their choice of schools at a specified Central Allocation Centre in the school catchment area in which they reside. The Education Bureau will make every effort to give each student a primary school place according to parents' choices.
Children who have joined the Primary One Admission (POA) System for 2020 but have not yet secured a discretionary place can choose our school as first choice in the Central Allocation process.